Earlier "Herb Chong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote "my *istD's shutter release fires even when the memory card is full."

Herb, I took a quick glance at the manual to see if any of the custom functions controlled this behavior. I didn't see anything that looked obvious. One enables shutter release when there is no card in the camera. Another enables shutter release when the internal flash is charging.

No time tonight to experiment, but I'm guessing it has to be related to a custom function or maybe the firmware version.

See you later, gs