You know, at GFM someone had a D2H with a VR 80-400 sitting on the table
in our area, so I was able to pick it up and "dry fire" a bit.  It's a
big thing, but fits nice in your hands.  Of course, if I wanted a camera
like this I'd have to switch since Pentax will never make  a pro model
like this.  OTOH, the *istD/D100/10D is perfectly fine for what I do, so
there's no point in switching so I have the possibility f making an
upgrade to a $3500-5000 camera that I will never buy.  Despite the
logic, it's still sort of a temptation in a technofetish sort of way.
It could also improve my shots with the VR;  Cotty showed us this on his
Canon lens and it was impressive.

My point is that folks with the money will buy better equipment than
they need, be it cameras or cars or houses or spouses, etc.  I would too
(except for the spouse part, honey).  ;-)

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450