Hi,

I just bought this gem, and looking for others having some experience
with it. Above all, i'd like to see some photos taken with it...

BDimitrov's page says: "The aperture ring has no click-stops", but
mine seems to have them. Is it a modified one, or ...?

Thanks,
Gabor

Boz meant that it doesn't click, but it can be closed up to 5.6.

I tried the lens once and the results were too extreme at 2.2, interesting at 2.8 and 4, and not strong enough at 5.6 to be worth using. The results are very special, it works fine for children and flowers. A very specialized lens.

Japanese were very found of the old 1927 Kodak Vest Pocket's doublet. This Pentax lens, also a doublet, was meant to provide the same kind of optics in a more practical SLR context. There is a "Pentax Family" dedicated to this lens with examples of photographs, all of flowers. I took my niece at christmas, unwrapping a gift, and it worked fine. Other photos taken the same night were not so interesting.

I keep mine, just in case...

Andre