From: Keith Whaley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 5:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: reagan cortege - no political content!

Excellent call, Ryan!
Now William can sleep more soundly...and Chris has a proper answer to his question. <g>

keith

Ryan Lee wrote:

Hi Chris,

Your post piqued my curiosity, and being obsessive, I embarked on a bit of a tedious quest to match tv's photo:
http://www.bigdayphoto.com/reagan/040609-173122-6008.htm

with some regiment somewhere. I narrowed it down to the Grenadier, Welsh, Irish, Scots and Coldstream Guards. Interestingly, they're differentiated by button spacings on the tunics:
http://www.irishguards.net/IG2.htm

However, that was a bit of a dead end, then I found out Canadian Grenadiers wear it too (after all, the hats come from their

bears..).

But alas, the uniform did not match.

Then I chanced upon an Encarta definition which mentioned

drum majors too.

Kept checking and definitive success:
http://www.marineband.usmc.mil/abt_band_uni_drum.html

Cheers,