For printers, I'd recommend the Epson Photo (not the Epson Color)
series.  Every time I've gone printer shopping I've found them to be
head and shoulders above the rest.  I just bought a Stylus Pro 7500, and
it is gorgeous (but a little out of your budget...it's $7000-ish CDN and
prints 24" wide on roll paper).

For T400CN, it could conceivably be processed in regular b&w chemistry,
but the result would not be good.  C-41 and conventional b&w are pretty
different processes.  If you wanted to process traditional b&w, I'd
suggest picking up a traditional b&w film.  If you're partial to the
results you're getting from T400CN, you'd probably like Microdol-X as a
developer combined with an old-school b&w film like Kodak Tri-X, Ilford
HP5 or Agfapan APX 400.

-Aaron