Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 11. juni 2004 04:01
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: canon vs pentax

> In a message dated 6/10/2004 10:17:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> I'd expect that the 70-200IS is one of Canon's best lenses.
> -----------------
> Yes, reportedly it is -- at least according to Canon owners's comments
that I
> have read.
>
> Pentax may offer a lot more choices in glass than Canon does. Not sure
about
> that, but I think it could well be. Wouldn't be surprised. (Canon owner.)

Last I heard, Canon currently sells more lens designs than anybody else.
Many of them, of course, are out of reach of most folks.  Over the years,
Pentax may well have put out more, and the interoperability across
generations has only recently been compromised.

> Each system has advantages/disadvantages.

Yep.  Even without going into camera differences.  Nikon, for example,
doesn't make a 24/2 AF or a 400/5.6 AF like Pentax does.  Pentax doesn't
make a small 85 any more, or a 105.

DJE