Or it might be true that all new Pentax lenses would have no aperture ring so that they could produce IS/USM in the near future.

Regards,
Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

Actually I think leaving out compatibility was a marketing decision, (the engineers probably had the mount
designed with a aperture simulator lever), the marketeers said, if they can't use old lenses they'll have to buy
new ones. Upper management said great, and we'll save 1,100 yen on manufacturing per. unit. This caused
a s*** storm which the firmware fix somewhat abated.

MSN Premium helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines