William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nenad Djurdjevic"
Subject: Re: A-lenses aperture indication

I wrote:

I had an SFXn and the reason it didn't display the aperture in

the

viewfinder was because it had no means of doing so in *any* mode.

Alexander wrote:

I know this. I meant to say that also with F/FA
lenses, the SFX didn't show the aperture in the
*display on the top plate* when the lens was set off A
(unlike later bodies).

Good point Alexander. Now that you mention it I also remember that

it

didn't give an
aperture reading on the top plate LCD either. It's strange how the

Pentax

engineers put the camera into production before sorting out little

(but

important) details like that.

I recall reading at the time that the chipped lenses were introduced before the bodies were fully able to take advantage of it. One of the things a rep told me at the time was that there just wasn't space in the body for all the electronics required. Remember, you are talking about technology that is, by todays standards, pretty prehistoric.

William Robb

And it was damned difficult making photographs with those stone knives and bearskins.