I wisht to begin to carry a reasonably light K-mount body and reasonably
light lens in a belt pouch, wherever I go. Because it is the lightest body,
I was thinking of going with an MZ-M. But at 2.2 inches (56mm) thick (dep),
it is about 0.4 inch thicker than my Super Program (1.8 in., 71 mm). To
carry a lens already mounted, I'd be limited to the shortest pancakes (0.7
in., 18mm). Heck--I could equip a Super Program with a 50/1.7M or A (1.2
in. / 30mm long); the extra 0.1 inch would gain me nearly a stop and a
half.

I was hoping that Boz's site would list body dimensions, but it doesn't
appear to do so. Nor does the mega site for Chinon and other K-mounts list
body dimensions.

So: Which bodies are less deep than 1.8 inches (71 mm)? Pentax, Chinon,
Cosina, Ricoh--I don't care which brand.

If I can't find a slimmer body, I may just carry the lens capped and mount
it as-needed. I'd hate to do so, for this would cost me many grab shots

Before you advise me to buy a rangefinder, let me state that while I am a
huge fan of rangefinders, I want this body to serve as a backup body for my
other K-mount lenses.

Paul Franklin Stregevsky