Boz, the Minox 35 is, of course, a very logical suggestion. Before entering
SLR photography in 1999, two Minox 35s and an Olympus XA were my only
cameras (12 years). Been there, done that. The Minox 35s, like the Rollei
35s, use scale focusing, in which you must guess the distance.If I do elect
to get a small rangefinder-type camera, it would have to have a real
manual-focus-capable rangefinder for accurate focusing, such as the XA, a
Konica Hexar, or a 1990s-vintage Contax. I'd even consider the Contax APS
SLR, if the price were half what it deservedly is.

But I'm not sure that 35mm or 28mm would be my focal length of choice. I
could find a 40 or 45mm rangefinder, but once you start considering an old
rangefinder, you're talking about at a camera that's much larger and
heavier than a 200-gram Minox 35. For a bit more weight and size, l might
as well use an SLR. I really don't feel like spending more money for a
"dedicated" solution; rather, I'd like a body and lens (preferably one that
I already own) that can step in as spares or fallbacks.

"Bojidar Dimitrov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Look into a (non-K mount) Minox 35 mm camera.  It's an incredibly small
package.  The one that I have is about the size of a deck of cards, with a
35/2,8 lens.  The lens folds inside the body when the camera is not in use.

Cheers,
Boz

Paul Franklin Stregevsky