From: "Shel Belinkoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: PAW:  Window Washers
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 08:23:07 -0700

You've every reason to dislike it, Frank, although I do think despise may
be a little over reactive ;-))

First, it's a cliche subject.  Every jamoke with a long lens has something
like this in their portfolio.  There's nothing new or innovative here, and,
imo, you choice of focal length is all wrong for this scene. Longer or
shorter could have given you a photo with more impact.

OK, first, the relationship between the two washers and the frame is all
wrong.  You missed the moment,as it were, at least with the framing and
crop the way it is now.  There's at least two, and possibly three nice
geometric (if that's the right word) patterns possible in this shot, and
you've missed them all.

The converging perspective of the vertical takes away from the potential
strength of the photo.  Yeah, I know, that's what happens when you shoot
"up" and that's, in part, why I suggested that the focal length is wrong
for this shot. A wider lens, encompassing more of the building and held at
the proper angle might have done a better job with the perspective thing,
as would have a longer lens.  You'd have photos similar to this in terms of
subject and story, but with a different and, Imo, better perspective.

Sorry, Frank, this one just doesn't make it.

Shel

STOP MORE SPAM with the MSN Premium and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines