Gary Sibio wrote:

At 01:41 PM 6/21/2004, you wrote:

That is great news! Now maybe space exploration and exploitation will replace government publicity programs. Nah! They will just regulate it to death.

While I believe that some government regulation will be necessary to ensure public safety, I'm all for shutting down NASA and let the private sector handle it. Our space program started off as a pissing contest with the USSR and the shuttle is twenty years old. How many of us drive a car anywhere near that old.

Neither do any of our cars cost in excess of $20,000,000. Yes, let's DO be realistic...

Keith whaley

The private sector has also benefitted from the space program so let them put their money up front.

Gary J Sibio