Tuesday, June 22, 2004, 4:09:57 PM, Steve wrote:
SD> I only use a press for coffee.  (These are often called French presses,
SD> BTW)   From my point of view, this is an extraction process and the
SD> press represents an effective version of the "soak and filter" method.
SD> I realize this makes me a bit pedestrian in this regard, and that the
SD> preparation of tea has cultural overtones as well.   After all, look at
SD> complexity of the Japanese Tea Ceremony.

Why pedestrian :) ?

As much as I like to prepare tea and coffee in the more traditional
way, as an addicted drinker of tea I do drink a lot of it a day, so I
usually just make a big pot of tea without any bells and whistles...
Although it makes a special morning to make a good coffee in Dzjazwa,
or tea in the special Chong pot. Such special moments (and every similar ones,
be it whatever you like) make life bearable, and are an excellent
start of otherwise gray day. BTW, to see how "pedestrian" I am as
well, I would love to get a good but small presso coffeemaking machine in my home
:)

Fra