I have not been keeping up with the list - I know, tell you something new -
but I actually had a good excuse the last few days.  Just bear with me :-)

My next door neighbor's elder daughter got married on Saturday.  She is like
my little sister.  My, how they all grow up...

Anyway, I was the official photographer.  All the festivities began on
Thursday - now that is the way to celebrate.
Thursday was a sunset cruise into the bay.  I used the *ist D for about 200
shots on the boat.  It was a nice way to meet some of the groom's family.
It is good to know who these people are for when you are shooting at the
reception.  It was a wonderful time as I was getting some nice candids,
especially as the sun was setting.  I found I was rather stealthy as shots
were taken and no one realized I was even around.  I did have to prefocus
some as I talked to people - who did not like their photo taken - and shot
from the hip or the chest.

Friday was the rehearsal.  I shot a roll of 160 NC as a test with different
settings to verify lighting and such.  I was using the MZ-S.  The rehearsal
dinner was fantastic.  Some more meeting of people and a plethora of candid
shots.  I was using the *ist D for these and ended up with another 200
shots.

Saturday I took in the test roll to my developer.  They came out great!
Easily correctible with a negative, but I found MY setting as -1 with the
flash.  I believe in minimizing any corrections by the lab.  It is not
because I do not trust them, but rather I want it right straight from the
camera.  I should know what I am doing and not have to rely on others to
correct my mistakes.
The lab person told me I should have had them dressed up at the rehearsal as
they were lovely exposures.  She says it is a dream to work with my film.
She was raving over the exposure, the sharpness, the color of the shots.
Thank you Pentax :-)

At 1:15 I made it to the church.  The wedding was at 4.  I shot mainly the
film camera.  I had the MZ-S as my main camera (film wind) with three LXen
as backups.  I did use an LX during the ceremony shooting Ilford Delta 3200
at ASA 1600.  I was using the FA* 200/2.8 from the back of the church for
these b&w shots.  I would have loved to have had the *ist D alongside to
compare.  The test shots with the *ist D at 1600 were very nice.
I ended up shooting just over 13 rolls, that included a few at the
reception.
The fun part was switching the AF400T between the *ist D and MZ-S.  I shot
digitally for a few of the 'silly' 'fun' shots and did film for the formals.
I will leave out a few of the personal things that went on - being that I am
so close to the family it was the most enjoyable wedding I have done.  They
do have one more daughter, so I may get to experience it again.
The reception was another blast.  It was held at the elementary school where
she taught.  It made for some interesting logistics.  And to top it all off
we had rain.  I never gave it a second thought, especially when carting the
LX.  I ended up taking almost 400 shots on the *ist D.

The saber arch was beautiful, and their dash in the rain to the Corvette was
a nice ending.  I ended up shotting until about 8:30 that night.  Surprised
myself that I was not really tired.  You really do not want to know how many
cameras, flashes, lenses, battery packs, batteries, and external meters I
was carrying.

I talked to the DJ about this when he was waiting for a replacement
microphone to show up.  I told him that there was no way I would go out
without some backup...

Sorry for the ramble, thought some might be interested.

Dropping off the film after work,

César
Panama City, Florida