-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Apilado [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 3:14 PM

Cesar,
Your wedding activities reminded me of some weddings I have done in the
past.  I did one wedding exclusively with digital.  I decided I will not
longer do a wedding with a digital slr, although I could take many more
exposures than with film.
My reasoning is that there is a lot of post-production labor involving
digital that I never did with film.  Exposure corrections,  sharpening,
maybe some gaussian blur effect.  All takes time.
When it comes to film,  I may have some images printed to "hot" and I return
to the lab for correction.  I let them correct the error.  Yes,  it takes
time as well to do this,  but I enjoy being inside a camera store looking at
all the toys.

Jim A.

> [...]
>
> My next door neighbor's elder daughter got married on Saturday.  She is
like
> my little sister.  My, how they all grow up...
>
> Anyway, I was the official photographer.  All the festivities began on
> Thursday - now that is the way to celebrate.
> Thursday was a sunset cruise into the bay.  I used the *ist D for about
200
> shots on the boat.  It was a nice way to meet some of the groom's family.
> It is good to know who these people are for when you are shooting at the
> reception.  It was a wonderful time as I was getting some nice candids,
> especially as the sun was setting.  I found I was rather stealthy as shots
> were taken and no one realized I was even around.  I did have to prefocus
> some as I talked to people - who did not like their photo taken - and shot
> from the hip or the chest.
>
> Friday was the rehearsal.  I shot a roll of 160 NC as a test with
different
> settings to verify lighting and such.  I was using the MZ-S.  The
rehearsal
> dinner was fantastic.  Some more meeting of people and a plethora of
candid
> shots.  I was using the *ist D for these and ended up with another 200
> shots.
>
> Saturday I took in the test roll to my developer.  They came out great!
> Easily correctible with a negative, but I found MY setting as -1 with the
> flash.  I believe in minimizing any corrections by the lab.  It is not
> because I do not trust them, but rather I want it right straight from the
> camera.  I should know what I am doing and not have to rely on others to
> correct my mistakes.
> The lab person told me I should have had them dressed up at the rehearsal
as
> they were lovely exposures.  She says it is a dream to work with my film.
> She was raving over the exposure, the sharpness, the color of the shots.
> Thank you Pentax :-)
>
> At 1:15 I made it to the church.  The wedding was at 4.  I shot mainly the
> film camera.  I had the MZ-S as my main camera (film wind) with three LXen
> as backups.  I did use an LX during the ceremony shooting Ilford Delta
3200
> at ASA 1600.  I was using the FA* 200/2.8 from the back of the church for
> these b&w shots.  I would have loved to have had the *ist D alongside to
> compare.  The test shots with the *ist D at 1600 were very nice.
> I ended up shooting just over 13 rolls, that included a few at the
> reception.
> The fun part was switching the AF400T between the *ist D and MZ-S.  I shot
> digitally for a few of the 'silly' 'fun' shots and did film for the
formals.
> I will leave out a few of the personal things that went on - being that I
am
> so close to the family it was the most enjoyable wedding I have done.
They
> do have one more daughter, so I may get to experience it again.
> The reception was another blast.  It was held at the elementary school
where
> she taught.  It made for some interesting logistics.  And to top it all
off
> we had rain.  I never gave it a second thought, especially when carting
the
> LX.  I ended up taking almost 400 shots on the *ist D.
>
> The saber arch was beautiful, and their dash in the rain to the Corvette
was
> a nice ending.  I ended up shotting until about 8:30 that night.
Surprised