Only 75% of them actually use their cameras?

--

John Forbes wrote:

Interesting to speculate on how the 54% do digital photography when only 40% own a digital camera.

John

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:47:05 -0400, Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Steve Desjardins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Actually, I bet it's a fair sample of serious amateurs.  Many serious
amateurs in the US spend enough money on their gear to include a DSLR,
if they want one.

Yep. If anything, it's skewed towards film users because those who've
sold off all their film gear couldn't participate. In fact, Michael
Reichmann has told me he's seeing more and more people at his workshops
who have *never* owned a film camera in their lives. (He noticed this
after explaining things using film photography analogies and getting
blank stares in return. <g>)

Some more tidbits:
104 people (out of about 160 present) completed the survey for us.

46% were first-timers at GFM.
12.5% have never used a digital camera.
40% own a DSLR.
32.7% very much want a digital contest next year.
19.2% very much *don't* want a digital contest next year.
54% do half or more of their photography in digital now.
15.4% do virtually all of their photography in digital now.

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com/graywolf.html