Or, if you have enough time, auto-focus, then quickly
flick the switch to manual focus and press the
shutter. It should still be in focus.

I use this sometimes with my MZ-30 to lock the focus.
This camera also seems to be a bugger for moving
subjects, and I keep forgetting that I can hold my
finger on the shutter.

Jody.

> This is one of those situations where true Servo
> focusing is the ticket.
       <SNIP>
> Bruce Dayton

> > Monday I went to watch the Boston Marathon and
> took my ZX-7. I wanted to
> > take action shots of the runners as they went by,
> but I actually ended up
> > missing several great shots. Here's what happened:
> >
> > As the runners approached, I was zoomed out to
> 200mm on the F 80-200mm
> zoom.
> > The camera focused and I fired off a shot. As the
> runners neared me
> though,
> > the camera was unable to focus on them, and the
> shutter simply wouldn't
> fire.
> >
> > Sometimes I would release the shutter button
> completely, then press it
> down
> > again to try to get the camera to focus and fire.
> Again, the camera failed
> > to get a focus lock and the shutter would not
> fire.
> >
> > As the runners passed by, eventually they would
> get far enough away that
> the
> > camera could get a focus lock and then it would
> fire the shutter. Lots of
> > shots of the backs of people's heads.
> >
> > Other times, I would pull the zoom back out to the
> 80mm end, as the
> runners
> > got closest to me, and the camera did manage to
> get a new focus lock, but
> as
> > soon as I zoomed back out to 200 for the next
> runner, it would again fail
> > focus and I could not fire the shutter.
     <SNIP>