Also, I would like tp point out the AF Nikkor 105/2.8 was released roughly 2 years later than the FA100/2.8, which itself is a copy of F100/2.8 optically. If Nikon did come up with its own design which looks so similar to the Pentax. they must deal with the patent first.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

By comparing the diagrams of similar optics from different manufacturers, it is not difficult to see that they are very different (even those popular 50mm). I would be very surprised when 2 designers came up with the the exact same lens arrangement (both diagrams are identical in this case) when they were not copying each other. Is it possible, yes, anything is possible, but highly unlikely. The optics might be fine tuned slightly, but they even look the same when the lenses are extended to closest focus. But geez, I must be stupid to think that way, I know.

_________________________________________________________________ http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines