It doesn't get anywhere close to 1:1 - it only gets down to 1:5, meaning
some 135's focus closer that aren't "Macro".  Optically it's quite good
from what I have found, I think it performs best in close distances as
opposed to infinity, though I haven't shot any tests with it.

Compared to the M 135 F3.5, it's considerably larger, takes 52mm filters,
and only stops down to F22.  Half stop clicks are present from F2.8-F16.
Build quality is pretty good, the lens feels solid (and it's fairly heavy),
the aperture ring turns quite easily, it's not as "notcty" as the M or A
series.  Big huge easy to grip focus ring combined with a fairly large
throw make focusing pretty easy.  You go into the Macro mode by focusing to
the minimum focus distance, and then turning a ring in the very front with
marked settings of 1:7, 1:6, and 1:5.  Didn't take me long to get used to.

Todd