I own the Phoenix 100mm f3.5 manual focus, the wife has
same in autofocus.  Mine is sharp enough to satisfy me,
and it seems just slightly "cold" in color.  The aperature
ring is nothing to crow about, but the manual lens does
have a better focusing feel than the AF.  No surprise there.
One other thing:  rotation to infinity is opposite that of
standard Pentax lenses.  This may drive you crazy.

-Lon