That's Doug's right and choice not to say.  Just as it is your choice
whether or not to subscribe to this list.  I also think what you might be
missing here and what Doug was trying to tell you is, I can choose to send
you a virus Antonio, and just make it look like it came from this list.  The
internet is a very complicated place with a lot of trickery possible by
those much more savvy then I.  Almost anything is possible.  I can also
confirm that Doug's statement about html coded and messages with attachments
being refused by the list.  I sometimes forget to send a new message in
Plain text and it is returned to me.  Likewise if I add a URL as an
attachment.  This lists setup is about as secure as it's going to get IMHO.
If you think about it, how much sense does it make that only "ONE" person on
this list gets the virus.  If one goes out on the list server, we all get
it.  If one person gets a virus looking like it came from this list, it's a
fake, and that person alone was targeted by some unscrupulous individual.

Mandrake Linux offers the perfect solution for those of you that are
worried.  When you install this OS, it offers some different security
settings from the beginning.  This setting is called "PARANOID".