VERY well done, Tim!

Tim Sherburne wrote:

I've never done anything specifically to ensure the stars' colors would
stand out. Here are three I've done:

<http://www.sherb.org/startrails/>

Although my trails don't "pop" like those in the astropix image, the color
is noticeable.

Each image was captured on Fuji Superia 400 with a Vivitar Series 1
19-35/3.5-4.5 (wide open) on a Pentax ZX-M. The first image was around six
hours facing south, the second was around 60 minutes facing north (a porch
light unintentionally revealed the foreground, but it's not bad), and the
last was about five hours in the same location. You'll notice the sky
beginning to lighten as dawn approached.

I was disappointed in the lack of sharpness I got in these images. (These
scans of 4x6 lab prints actually make the problem worse.) I haven't yet had
the opportunity to try to figure out the cause, but one reason may simply be
the the low acutance of the film. Perhaps a slower, finer grained film would
render sharper images. I suppose stopping the lens down to f8 would help,
too.