Nope, not me. But I know better than to use old flash units with
modern electronic cameras without either testing them or using a
Wein flash isolator.  There are some monolights that will do a
job on your electronic cameras too.  If you think it's just an
urban legend, and you've never measured the trigger voltage on
an old electronic flash unit, you could be in for an unpleasant
surprise in the future.

Len
---