Hi Jerry,

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:02:29 -0600, Lewis, Gerald wrote:

> I know that this was written up in Pop Photo a coupole of years ago, but has
> anyone ever really had their IC fried using an older strobe?  Is the any
> VERIFIABLE instance of this happening?

I've never had my camera fry, but I've had problems. I have two really
old flashes (no-name brands) that I originally used with my K-1000 and
they worked just fine. When I got the ZX-5, I tried them on it.  One
had a trigger voltage of around 125VDC and the other was about 240VDC
(both at full charge). When I tripped the shutter, the camera locked
up. I had to remove the battery to do a "hard" reset on the internal
circuitry to get the camera to work again.

TTYL, DougF

PS. There's a post from me from a year or two ago with more details, if
the PDML archives are on-line again.