Kim Sherman posted:
> > Apologies if the list has seen this info already.
> > I just saw it on the LUG (Leica Users Group) and wanted to pass it along.
> > No financial interest in Rich Pinto's business, ya da ya da....
> > ---
> >
> > Kobayashi goes "K" with the VSL43: revive those Pentax K lenses!
> >
> > Another PhotoVillage Exclusive! We are proud to be the first USA dealers
> > to offer the new Cosina-Voigtlander Pentax K-Mount SLR. This is not a
> > high-end camera with tons of bells and whistles, but it IS a great
> > starter camera for someone just getting interested in photography. With
> > a bright finder, 35-70mmf3.5-4.8 zoom lens, a self timer, AE or manual
> > controls, a top speed of 1/3000 sec. and a retro design with a modern
> > finish (matte chrome and black rubberized grip and lens) this is a LOT
> > of camera (& lens) for $225.

to which Don Sanderson commented:
> Kinda ugly........, but plastic!
> $225 buys a VERY nice ME Super, complete with CLA.
> Or almost a CLA'd Super A, yeah, yeah, thats the ticket!

Or, if you want a new basic plastic camera, somewhat less ugly, the Pentax ZX-M
is still on the market; B&H lists it, with a zoom, for a little under that
$225. Same "retro" controls and, I believe, same top speed of 1/2000.
Guess they're depending on Pentax's invisibility to sell this: "Revive those
Pentax lenses" indeed!

ERN
(not interested in
either)