Its also almost half the price of  Canon L lens.  I'm not bragging, I'm
saying WAIT AND SEE.

-el gringo

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Chan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 12:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Pentax is Dying?

I think it is quite pointless to brag about something which might but does
not exist yet. Not to mention the inability to satisfy immediate demand.
Also, DA16-45 does not meet the built quality of Canon L lenses.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

>Man you people are ridiculous....  Pentax will have 3 DSLR's including a
>unique in the world of photography FF medium format digital camera based on
>the well loved 645 camera system.  Certainly they are not failing as a
>company.  I tried winning a DA 16-45 on Ebay, but once it got within 95% of
>retail I gave up on it.  The assumption I have to make about that is, there
>is serious demand for this lens.  And most owners seem completely satisfied
>by the lens as well.  $420 for performance that equals the Canon L series,
>can hardly call that a failure.  Be patient.  Pentax is not huge, they cant
>work miracles, if the new DSLR sucks then bitch.  But until then, lets put
>hold on the rampant negative speculation, it helps nothing.  I am excited
>as
>heck about the changes Pentax is making, and I look forward to being a user
>of the new emerging Pentax system.

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=htt
p://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines