From: David Miers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 8:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Pentax is Dying?

 I mean, how many owners of the *istD wish that they could
> put a roll of film in it as well?

I don't own one, but to tell the truth that would be attractive to me.  Film
still has better exposure latitude and/or film cameras seem to have more
accurate metering or something.  There's certainly been enough comments on
this list to prove that issue exists.  If I ran across a half to have shot
with tricky lighting or needed to use flash, that's exactly what I would do,
put a roll of film in a digital camera if I could figure out how! ....and
the accurate film metering still existed.  When I eventually get a DSLR I
still anticipate carrying a film kit too.  Time will tell.

Dave