On 18 Jul 2004 at 12:42, Dr. Shaun Canning wrote:

> The question is: Is anybody using any alternative power sources to power
> their *ist D? For example, has anyone come up with or come across a
> 'power pack' that will power the *ist D like a quantum digital power
> pack (which is not available for the *ist D).
>
> Looking forward to some creative answers.....

OK I have a plausible solution. There are some very high reliability sealed
lead acid cells Cyclon which would fit the bill. There is a set of cells that
provide 8AH at 6V and can be fully recharged in an hour using a simple constant
voltage supply. http://www.enersysreservepower.com/spl.asp?routine=spl

See 0859-0012 E Monobloc (Emb) 6V 8.0Ah

Let me know if you want some local prices.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998