Well, it looks like my solution might be to buy some better batteries and a better quality charger. A Quantum rig would cost about $1300 apparently. There are other solutions that are being nutted out, but none of them are as cheap as more batteries and a better charger.....

Cheers

Shaun

Tanya Mayer Photography wrote:

Shaun, if anyone *has* come up with such a solution - I WANT IT!  Try using
the *istD with the Hitachi microdrive, no battery  grip, and see just how
long the batteries last!  I go through 7 sets per wedding, and usually end
up chucking in a set of Duracell's just to "see me through" the tail end...

If there was a Quantum pack, or equivalent, I'd be lining up for it...

BTW, I posted this once before, but I'm not sure if anyone noticed.  I
"discovered" that the AC Adapter for the MUVO works perfectly with the
*istD!  I haven't found anywhere that I can buy the AC Adapter that is
supposedly available to suit the camera, so one night, I got brave and
risked blowing up my camera by plugging the MUVO adapter in.  I used it
solidly for 4 hours and it worked like a dream!  I have used it many times
since, with no bad side effects (well, none to my knowledge)...

tan.