----- Original Message -----
From: "John Bailey"
Subject: Re: Super A : linear or circular polarizer? LX

> > I believe the continous light OTF metering in the LX
> > only works at
> > shutter speeds below the sync speed. At higher
> > speeds the shutter
> > speed in determined from light reflected off the
> > shutter curtain
> >
>  True,  but what happens at the TTL auto set speed of
> 1/75th sec?

If you have the dial set at 1/75th, then it fires at 1/75th.
This includes if a flash unit is forcing X-Sync.
If you are in auto, and the camera premeters above 1/75th, then it
fires at the premetered speed. If it meters at 1/75th or below, then
it is willing to either extend or terminate the exposure based on the
continuous OTF reading.
It can't make any exposure adjustments during exposure above X-Sync,
since that would entail adjusting the width of the exposure slit
during the exposure, which would alter the amount of exposure across
the frame.
Not to mention that it would probably also be hideously problematic
to build a shutter that could do something like that.
One of the LX wonks that I don't like is it's refusal to fire a flash
at all if it decides that there is enough ambient light to take the
picture without flash.

William Robb