Jim,

I don't know what Pentax had as a dedicated hood for the SMCP
35/2.0, but the Takumar hood for the earlier 49mm threaded 35mm lens
will work perfectly with a step down ring.  There will be no
vignetting even with a filter.

The Nikon HN-3 will also work quite well on this lens.
--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]