Which tripod mount was it? I browsed though B&H and there are two. Black one is for EF200/2.8L only, and the white one is for EF70-200/4L;300/4L;400/4.5L. I have been toying with the idea to replace the F*300/4.5 with the A2X-L (for my FA*200/2.8), but I have concern with the image quality (even though Pentax Japan web site states they are particular great match). Anyone actually has this combination?

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

I was shooting some high magnification macro work yesterday fooling with a
macro lens - extension tube - 2X-L teleconverter - camera combination. The
2X-L seemed to perform fairly well based on what I saw in the viewfinder.
I'm hoping it will give me better results than the 2X-S did. I'll have to
wait until I get my slides back to know for sure.

Anyway, that assembly is extremely nose heavy and it makes it difficult to
get the tripod head set where I want it. I started thinking about tripod
ring mounts and raided my SO's lens bag. I discovered that the Canon tripod
mount ring A is a great fit for the Pentax teleconverters.

Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.