I was shooting some high magnification macro work yesterday fooling with a
macro lens - extension tube - 2X-L teleconverter - camera combination. The
2X-L seemed to perform fairly well based on what I saw in the viewfinder.
I'm hoping it will give me better results than the 2X-S did. I'll have to
wait until I get my slides back to know for sure.

Anyway, that assembly is extremely nose heavy and it makes it difficult to
get the tripod head set where I want it. I started thinking about tripod
ring mounts and raided my SO's lens bag. I discovered that the Canon tripod
mount ring A is a great fit for the Pentax teleconverters.

YMMV, etc.

Tom Reese