On 26/7/04, Frantisek Vlcek, discombobulated, offered:

>I do not believe anybody here
>has so much analyst background to prognose accurately which technology
>will prevail in the future. And that's because that's not a technical
>decision but a whole different matter. Like VHS/Beta and others. With
>complex technologies and big corporations, everything can change.
>
>I do not think battery power makes the big difference now, the new
>nikons can rung a long time on one battery, I think it's about the
>same like yours D60, Cotty. At least these I shot with were.
>
>Personally, I don't care whether it's CMOS/CCD/LBCAST/ETC... but how
>it shoots nad how it controls. I am not a prognosist, and frankly, I
>totally don't care. If I were debating whatever is a little bit
>better, I wouldn't shoot any pictures :-) I just shot some great shots
>with Leica and its super-sharp lens on 10 years old HP5+, which
>indeed is bit fogged. Did I mind :) ?

FYI, I was answering a question posted by John Forbes where he wanted to
know why I chose a CMOS over a CCD and I gave my reasons. Technologies
may have improved in certain areas, but there is no denying that a CMOS
sensor uses less power than a CCD. But that is not to say that it is
better, because the resolving power of the CMOS is less than the CCD (or
so I am led to believe).

There is no contest. I was simply explaining why I made a decision a
couple of years ago :-)

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__