----- Original Message -----
From: "tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PDML" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 10:11 PM
Subject: Red/Green Filter

> On a whim I bid on a Chromostar Red/Green filter off ebay.
I received > it  today.

> What a weird thing! It operates like a polarizer, but
instead of
> polarized/unpolarized it shifts between red and green,
with a weird sort
> of in-between combination that's hard to describe...maybe
it's squant.
> Anyway, the thing loses about *7* stops, so it's
practically useless.

I have three similar filters - yellow/magenta and
red/green -   without any names at the different
color-pairs.
Without the second polarizing filter I looked through them,
turning them, at roofs (blue sunny sky) and saw a strange
change of colors (only - 2 or -3 stops), but did not take
pictures. Sorry, I have no words to describe the effects ...

Many greetings
Kristian-H. Schuessler