From: "Bojidar Dimitrov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
>
> a question to the optical-formula gurus.  Pentax describes the optics of
> this mirror lens as 6 elements in 4 groups.  Looking at the diagram that
> they provide us, I see 8 elements.  I will number them 1 through 8 when
> looking from left to right.  1 and 2 as well as 5 and 6 seem to be forming
> the two two-element groups (like the optical formula suggests), but what
> about the rest?
>
> I am thinking like this:
>
> - elements 2 and 3 must be mirrors, so they might not be counted towards
>   the number of optical elements.  Now we are down to 6 elements which
>   agrees with Pentax.  But the number of groups is now 5.
> - alternatively, element 8 is the screw-on filter, so that might not be
>   counted.  Then we are left with 7-5.  Still doesn's fit.
>
> Your ideas are welcome.  Cheers,
> Boz

Boz,
my interpretation :
first group of 2 elements, some schmidt/maksutov like corrector forms a
group with the secundary mirror.
Second group of 1 element is the primary mirror (maybe mangin mirror?)
light goes then to the already mentioned secondary mirror, and then back to
the third
group af 1 element, a negative lens.
Then the  2 element fourth group, some kitted achromat.

So, now we have 4 groups and 6 elements, although I have my doubts if it is
right to
consider the corrector/secondary mirror one group.

The last 2 elements, are the 2 filterwheels.
one for the color filters, and one for the ND filters
Probably not counted as elements.

George