"Steve Desjardins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>There is a funny commercial for some battery that has a stadium full of
>people at night and the flashes are all going off.  Eventually, there is
>only one flash going off and this indicates the superiority of the
>batter.  Of course, all of these flashes were useless to begin with, but
>I guess it still makes the point about the batteries.

To be completely fait, I should point out that lots of "Rebel-class"
cameras pop up and fire the flash whenever they think it's too dark,
whether the user asks for it or not. Don't know if the Rebel-D falls
into this category but someone told me that the D-70 does.

Of course, they may have custom settings that allow you to override this
problem, but many "Rebel-class" photographers (<grin> isn't that a great
insulting phrase?) wouldn't know how (or why) to do this.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing