On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 02:30:52 -0700 (PDT), Hans Imglueck wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I tried to do as is described bellow, but the 2.5mm stereo
>plug does not fit - it is to thick. What do I wrong?
>How thick is the original romote plug?

Hans,

I am half way through making one of these.  The problem is - correct me
if I am wrong - that the base of the plug is too large and you can't
push it all the way in.  I suspected this and too my camera along when
I went to buy the plug and proceeded to try different style of plug in
it.

None of them fitted and I ended up with a choice to make.  Either buy a
plug and grind part of it away so that it fits.  Or, buy a mobile phone
portable hands free with the correct plug and cut the mic and earphone
off it and connect the switch (this gives a nice molded plug at the
end).  Or buy a 3.5 to 2.5mm converter that has a tapered 2.5mm plug
that actually fits and put a 3.5mm plug on the switch.  Because the
only time I ever use this is when I have the bellows connected to the
*istD, it doesn't really matter to me which option I used, but I went
for the 3.5 to 2.5 converter because it allows me to still use the same
setup with the MZ-S or even the Z1p or MZ3.  I have made the switch box
so that I can screw the normal double cable release of the bellows into
it to trigger the camera.  I can't live without my bellows.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon