On 20/8/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED], discombobulated, offered:

>If I get the clear filter instead of UV, what will I be missing? Will my
>outdoor shots be any less sharp?
>
>Can anyone confirm that the Contax Protection filters are multicoated?

Paul, FWIW, I have decided that any extra glass in front of a lens is
removing the ability of the light to reach the sensor/film plane, and
adding to the possibility of flare.

OTOH, they do offer some front element protection. I tend to have UV
filters on teles, nothing on wides. I don't use one on my K50 1.2.

Best,

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__