On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:24:07 -0000 (GMT), [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

>If I get the clear filter instead of UV, what will I be missing? Will my
>outdoor shots be any less sharp?

As others have mentioned any extra glass lessens the sharpness of the
final image.  But the added protection of a "clear lens cap" means that
I'll take my camera out at times when I might otherwise not - eg. windy
day on the beach with salt spray and sand blowing about.

It's easy to unscrew my clear lens cap for optimum quality, but
difficult to put it on in a situation where I want to use it.  As a
result all my lenses have UV filters. If they are selling the clear
protection filters as multicoated then they must be.  Contax would not
falsely advertise that badly these days.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon