The photos kinda look soft to me Alan, but I have no experience with the 15mm at all....

Cheers

Shaun

Alan Chan wrote:

Just had my first roll of 15/3.5 pictures back. The first thing I have noticed is, they aren't very sharp (maybe I should redo the test on cloudy day). Okay, I knew the Pentax one is the least sharp of all 15mm (Zeiss, Leica, Nikkor), but do these picture look okay (I reckon the actual films are sharper than scans)? They were taken with Konica Centuria Super 100, and scanned by Minolta Scan Elite F-2900 (2820dpi).

http://www.pbase.com/wlachan/pentax_1535

Also, this short test shows f11 seems to be the optimal aperture. f3.5 is pretty bad on sharpness, f5.6 is okay, but certainly not good. Manual focusing is next to impossible without the magnifier because everything appears so small (right everybody has been saying that everything will be in focus virtually, but it doesn't seem to be the case to me).

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special stationery, fonts and colors. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.

Dr. Shaun Canning
P.O. Box 21, Dampier, WA,
6714, Australia.

m: 0414 967644