Please forgive my gleeful attitude as we mourn the passing of the venerable LX but a
FA* 80-200/2.8 in bargain condition recently made a brief appearance on KEH and I
struck like a cobra.  I was just getting ready to opt for the Sigma equivalent as
these turn up used so rarely.  I still may send it back as the Sigma is a little
cheaper new than the FA* is BGN and I'm not sure I'm so tickled with the power zoom.
One thing that would help is if I knew how to use it.

Would some please explain the mode switch.  It has three settings:  PZ, AZ and Mode.
Next to it is an unlabelled button.