Nikon had just recently announce the introduction of the FM3, a new non-AF,
fully mechanical, metal clad camera with apperture priority AE. At about the
same time, Pentax announced that it is going to stop production of the LX, a
non-AF, fully mechanical, metal clad camera with apperture priority AE. What
gives?

Paulo Ernest

P.S.
Maybe one of our Japanese member can answer this, but how is the LX selling
in Japan? I have a feeling that if Pentax had not stopped marketing the LX
outside of Japan a few years ago, it's production could have continued, ad
infinitum..... Or at least a few more years, give or take......