Hello Mick,

Point taken.  My wife is somewhat the same way (except I archive
properly for her).  One big difference though, is that she actually
takes pictures with her digitial.  When using a film P&S she would
only take a single shot of any given memory or event (counting
pennies).  So a roll of film would last quite a while and she would
miss quite a few worthwhile shots, not to mention the foibles of P&S
cameras.  Many times the single shot sucked due to reliance on the
camera technology that failed her (focus, exposure, movement, eyes
closed, etc).  Now with digital she shoots away and
gets way more to view and remember.  I can say that she is much
happier with the digital direction.  And yes, without me, she would
have no negatives and no cd's.

--
Best regards,
Bruce