I don't quite buy that. What determines the size of the viewfinder image is the
size of the frame the screen sits in (as long as we are talking +/- a
millimeter). Make that frame a little bit larger and you have a 100%
viewfinder. Of course, all elements that attach to the mirror box have to be
'accurate' but I don't see why that would be so difficult here. Even with a 90%
viewfinder I would have hoped that what I see is from the center portion of the
image, not from an edge...

I have always argued the *practicality* of any 100% viewfinder.
A 95% finder already shows *almost all* of the image: 95% of 24x36 is 23.4x35.1
mm (for APS-C it is 23.5x15.7 vs. 22.9x15.3).
No matter what application you are thinking of for either a negative or a slide,
you will have a hard time actually *using* more than 95% of it. A slide frame
will cut away about 7% and any lab (including home printing) will probably cut
away more.
In that sense it is *correct* to show 95% as it gives you a better indication of
what you will eventually get than 100%.

Sven

Zitat von [EMAIL PROTECTED]: