On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 17:41:47 -0400, Frank Theriault wrote:

>My point simply is, that the Governments, in their wisdom, have consistently
>failed to go after the "real" polluters (wouldn't want to hurt the economy, would
>we?), while the rest of us are expected to make sacrifices.  Having no mercury
>cells for my Spotmatic is, I understand, no big deal in the overall scheme of
>things.  It's just frustrating is all.  Meanwhile, the "big guys" continue to get
>away with murder.  Literally.

Very well said.

[Soap Box Mode On]

I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro-mess, (over 3.75 million people),  and we are
facing stiff monitary
penalities from the fed if we do not, somehow, devise a plan to clean up the air. That
sounds good on
"paper", but the main trouble with it is the biggest polluter here in this area is the
DFW International airport!
Of course, all they want to "blame" is the commuters driving their cars to and from
work, and the elected
officials have failed terribly at mass transit.  Haven't heard =anyone= tell the
airlines or airport to clean up
their act. Wonder why? :-)

[Soap Box Mode Off]

We now return you to the regular LX pow-wow...  :-)

Later,
Gary