On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 23:10:10 -0700, Shel Belinkoff
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Frank would LOVE a lens that was designed for "pleasing out-of-focus areas"

Shel,

All my lenses have a special feature for easily producing out of focus areas.

The I move the front ring on the lens (back ring on RF cameras) back
and forth until everything is nice and sharp.

Then, I turn that ring at least 1/4 turn (doesn't matter if it's to
the left or the right).  Then I'm all set to shoot!!

I don't believe that this works with autofocus.

<vbg>

cheers,
frank

--
"It's about time we started to take photography seriously and treat it
as a hobby." -Eliott Erwitt