Fra: Ryan Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 8. september 2004 11:50
Til: PDML
Emne: Enabled again! SMC-F 50 f1.4!

Guess what gem! ;)

I was actually looking though the classifieds (which I never read) to see
whether it was a viable option to list ist D no.2 in, and my attention was
suddenly grabbed and smacked around by an ad for a supposed 'smc-f pentax 50
1:1.4', for AUD45 (that's about USD32). I figured it was highly likely a
bait and switch, but I gave the number a call, and upon hearing it was
indeed lettered in red, and plasticky, I called a cab and hurtled down to
the seller's location. OMG! SMC-F 50mm f/1.4, practically MINT! Bought it
straight away.

That wasn't the end. An SMC-FA 28 f/2.8 AL as well, excellent condition,
AUD55!

Also spent AUD15 on a CPL, 5 on a skylight, 5 on a hood, 3 on 3 rolls of
Kodak Gold 24 400. Including the AUD30 I spent on a cab, I still did pretty
well I reckon.

He was also selling a Sigma 600 f/8 mirror, and a mint manual focus Sigma
75-200 3.5-4.5, but I wasn't interested. Turns out he used to have an ME
Super and it somehow got fried and he hadn't touched his camera gear in
about a year. He was quite glad to offload it and you -know- how glad I was
to be on the receiving end!

So anyway, spent the rest of the afternoon at John Coyle's who inspected and
helped me shoot this romantic product shot:
http://home.iprimus.com.au/heygoose/imgp0243a.jpg (his body btw- mine's on
holiday..)
and I must say it's almost bizarre how well they go!

Cheers,
Ryan