Hi,

Thursday, September 9, 2004, 7:23:55 PM, Keith wrote:

> I have to constantly be brought back to Google... but seriously, those are
> named water courses, not "lost" ones. Not so?

well, technically I suppose you're right - they're not really lost.
But very, very few people are aware of when they're walking above one
of them, or even that there's one there at all.

There's also at least one 'lost' canal - the New River, an aquaduct
which was built in the early 17th century to bring drinking water to
London from a spring in Hertfordshire (one of the counties to the
immediate north of London). It's still flowing, and supplying us with
some of our drinking water.

--
Cheers,
 Bob