Alin Flaider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Sylwester wrote:
>SP> On the other hand you can say that with
>SP> APS-C sensor you get better use of long lenses - not loosing resolution in
>SP> case of D2X.
>
>  If those long lenses can cope with the 88 lpm resolution of the 12
>  MP sensor.

The real test of those tiny pixels is the noise level. Canon has made
amazing strides with lowering the noise levels of CMOS sensors.
Presumably Nikon has as well because the pixel pitch of the D2X is
about 20% smaller than the 8 megapixel Canon 1D-II (currently the
finest pixel pitch of any sensor on the market).

I'll bet that even if the predictions of the EOS 2D having 22
megapixels are wrong (I'm skeptical myself) Canon will apply the low
noise technology from the 1D-II sensor to a new full-frame sensor and
create an ultra-low-noise 11-12 megapixel camera that Nikon will be
hard pressed to match with pixels that are almost half as big.